I believe we can have close relationships in which we are open to appreciating and living with each others similarities and differences. I have a keen interest in how we go about our relationships. I believe each of us can find ways to improve how we get on with others while maintaining a good sense of ourselves.
I like to find ways to live my life creatively, this may be by finding a solution to a problem or by creating something new. I believe that we can all live our lives creatively and that sometimes we need to find how to release this potential. In my own journey I have sought to find my own creative expression and had to confront limiting beliefs that held me back.
I have undertaken extensive training in counselling and psychotherapy and have acquired experience in my counselling and psychotherapy practice since 1997. I continue to deepen my professional development by take workshops, engage in informed discussion with members of the psychotherapy profession and reading. I also seek support for myself as a psychotherapist by consulting regularly with colleagues.
I hold the following memberships, accreditations and qualifications.
- MSc in TA psychotherapy
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor
- Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist
- Level 1 in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defences, and Traumatic Memory
- Metanoia Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Member of the United Kingdom Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA)
- I hold a Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
I work in accordance with the following codes of ethics and professional practice.
- The code of ethics and professional practice of UKATA and UKCP.